The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below.
All volunteers must:
• Consider the well-being and safety of the participants before the development of performance.
• Develop an appropriate working relationship with surfers and helpers based on mutual trust and respect.
• Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
• Promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play).
• Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
• Follow all the guidelines laid down by SurfingGB and saintsboardriders.
• Hold the appropriate, valid qualifications and insurance cover.
• Never exert undue influence over participants to obtain personal benefit or reward.
• Never condone rule violations, foul play or the use of prohibited substances.