1. The club will be called saintsboardriders and will be affiliated to SurfingEngland.
2. Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the club will be:
- To offer coaching and competitive opportunities in surfing.
- To promote the club within St. Ives and the surfing community.
- To ensure a duty of care to all members.
- To provide all it’s services in a way that is fair to everyone.
- To ensure that all present and future members receive fair and equal treatment.
- Membership shall consist of officers and members of the club.
- All members will be subject to the regulations of the constitution and by joining the club will be deemed to accept these regulations and codes of conduct that the club has adopted.
- Members will be enrolled in the following categories:
- Adult surfing member
- Adult non-surfing member
- Parent member
- Junior member
- Life member
Membership fees will be set annually and agreed by the Committee, or determined at the Annual General Meeting.
Fees will be paid annually by 1st July, and participation fees will also be due for training and competitions as determined by the committee.
5.Officers of the club
The officers of the club will be a maximum of ten members, and include:
- Honorary Secretary
- Head Coach
- A representative of St. Ives Surf School
Officers will be elected annually at the AGM with the exception of the Head Coach who will be appointed by the newly-elected committee at the AGM. All officers will retire each year but will be eligible for re-election.
- The club will be managed through the committee of the above officers. only these officers will have the right to vote at committee meetings.
- The committee will be convened by the Secretary of the club and hold no less than four meetings per year.
- The quorum required for business to be agreed at a committee meeting will be four members.
- The committee will be responsible for adopting new policy, codes of conduct and rules that affect the organisation of the club.
- The committee will have the power to appoint sub-committees as necessary and appoint advisors to the committee as necessary to fulfil it’s business.
- The committee will be responsible for disciplinary hearings of members who infringe the club rules, regulations or constitution.
- The committee will be responsible for taking any action of suspension or discipline following such hearings.
7.Receipts and Expenditure.
• The funds of the club, including all donations, contributions and bequests, shall be paid into a bank account operated by the committee in the name of the club.
• All withdrawals and cheques drawn on the bank account must be signed by two committee members.
• The club will operate on a not-for-profit basis with all surplus funds being used solely for meeting the objectives of the club.
The Club may be dissolved by a Resolution passed by a two-third majority of those present and voting at a Special General Meeting convened for the purpose of which 21 days notice shall have been given to the members.
Such resolution may give instruction for the disposal of any assets held by or in the name of the Club, provided that if any property remains after the satisfaction of all debts and liabilities such property shall not be paid to or distributed among the members of the Club but shall be given or transferred to such other Charitable institution or institutions having objects similar to some or all of the objects of the Club as the Club may determine and if and in so far as effect cannot be given to this provision then to some other Charitable purpose.